Nene Valley Hodgson Medical Practice
GP Partnership Vacancy – Peterborough – up to 8 sessions
Nene Valley Hodgson Medical Practice works over two sites; Nene Valley at Clayton, Orton Goldhay Peterborough PE2 5GP and Hodgson at Hodgson Avenue, Werrington, Peterborough, PE4 5EG and we look after 19,500 patients across the two sites.
We are a 5.5 WTE partnership with a good mix of male and female Partners, Salaried GP’s and ANP’s.
This exciting vacancy is for an additional GP Partner to join our friendly team.
Would you like to work for a practice that is forward-thinking, embraces the challenges of modern General Practice and aims to provide innovative services? If so, we would love to hear from you as we have a vacancy for a GP Partner to join our team. We are open to discussion on the number of sessions per week, anything up to 8 sessions considered for the right candidate.
We are looking for a GP Partner who shares our values of offering high quality patient centred care. In return we can offer:
- Flexible number of working sessions between 4 – 8 per week
- Flexibility with the working day and sessions including some sessions available to work from home
- Regular weekly clinical MDT meetings
- Teaching opportunities with registrars, Foundation year 2 doctors and under-graduates
- The opportunity for supported CPD including regular clinical and team meetings
- Access to the NHSE New to Partnership Scheme offering £20,000 to eligible partners
- High income and the potential for investment in partnership owed premises.
New ways of working – Currently we are developing new ways of working and the successful candidate will be involved in the formation of our practice as we like to involve both staff and partners in these decisions.
You would be expected to work at both sites. The successful candidate will be forward thinking and looking to develop their career with us.
Team – We have an experienced multidisciplinary team in place including ANP’s Practice Nurses, HCA’s, Pharmacists, Social Prescribing Link Workers, Pharmacy Technicians and a Care Co-ordinator. We have direct access to first contact physiotherapy through our PCN, which is onsite.
We are a high achieving, well organised practice, who use SystmOne and Arden’s.
- An excellent, skilled administration team and highly supportive management team working across both sites
- Is part of a forward thinking, supportive PCN with a well-established and rapidly growing team
Specialist roles – We have weekly Clinical Meetings and monthly Clinical Governance afternoons. We encourage staff to undertake CPD and have staff who also undertake specialist roles, such as LTC, mental health, minor operations and women’s health and clinical research.
Training – Our Nene Valley site is a GP Training Practice, and we also host Foundation year 2 Doctors and Medical Students from both University College London and Cambridge University, so an interest in teaching and training would be both encouraged and supported.
Clinical Research – We have an active clinical research contract with the local CRN, one of our Salaried GP’s is our active research Principal Investigator, he is supported by the Business Manager and dedicated administration support.
Primary Care Network – We play an active part as members of Octagon North PCN which covers 96,000 patients.
Day to day work – The post holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP Partner working within primary care including:
- Taking part in the business and strategic decisions for the partnership in conjunction with the other partners and Business Manager
- Patient consultations either face-to-face, telephone or video
- Take part in the on-call rota
- Nursing Home MDT ward rounds
- Home visits
- Clinical admin including completing tasks and filing or actioning results and documents/reports
- Assisting with medical emergencies within the Practice when needed
- Providing support to other members of the clinical team and offering support to GP Trainees, Foundation year 2 doctors and medical students as part of the team approach
- Participating in team meetings
- Contributing to audits where appropriate or necessary
- Clinical Governance
Flexible working – can be considered on application, we are beginning to explore a more flexible way of working for the team.
Interested? – If you are interested in this exciting Partnership vacancy and want to find out more information about what we are offering then please contact Helena Papworth Business Manager in the first instance: Helena.firstname.lastname@example.org; or 01733 366632.
Nene Valley and Hodgson are in the process of de-merging from Octagon Medical Practice – this exciting vacancy is available from the inception of the new practice, Nene Valley Hodgson Medical Practice (NVH), our de-merge date is presently set at 01/11/2021.
To apply for this job email your details to Helena.email@example.com