Website Riverport Medical Practice
Riverport Medical Practice
We are looking to appoint a Salaried GP to join our Practice for 4-6 sessions per week. Riverport Medical Practice has recently been rated ‘Good’ in all domains by CQC.
Riverport Medical Practice is a GMS Practice in Cambridgeshire with three surgeries in St Ives, Somersham and Fenstanton. The Practice list size is approximately 13,500.
Our Practice team has 2 GP Partners, 6 Salaried GPs and a dynamic clinical support team including an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Physician Associate, Practice Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
Riverport Medical Practice is a friendly, patient-focussed practice which has recently been rated Good by CQC in all domains.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
- Patient consultations either face to face, telephone or video
- Clinical admin including completing tasks and filing or actioning results and documents
- Assisting medical emergencies within the Practice
- Providing support to other members of the clinical team
- Participating in team meetings
- Contributing to audits where appropriate or necessary
In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including
- Surgery consultations, telephone consultations or video consultations
- Visiting patients at home or within a care home
- Checking and signing repeat prescriptions
- Dealing with queries, tasks, results, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols
- Providing counselling and health education
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards
- Collecting data for audit purposes
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions using the ETP service where appropriate
- Prescribing in accordance with guidelines, practice policy and where clinically appropriate
- In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org