Spinney Surgery, St Ives is recruiting!
Wanted; Salaried doctor Spinney Surgery for 4-6 sessions a week, option for partnership for the right person from May 2021.
We are also looking for a 6 session a week Maternity Locum from May 2021.
At the Spinney we feel that work life balance is very important; salaried doctors finish work routinely between 6.00pm – 6.30pm if needed. Some aspects of the routine work can be undertaken remotely from home to fit in with family commitments.
Key points to the way we work:
- Good patient care is more important than chasing QOF points.
- We have a GP admin role dealing with all tasks of the day to allow other staff to focus on clinical care.
- Administration staff provide an efficient document and medication review management.
- We have a prescribing paramedic to do our visits and consult with patients for minor illness.
- Our very experienced prescribing Advanced Nurse Practitioner assists with Triage and offers normal primary care consultations.
- The well-established Chronic Disease Management team is run by our very experienced nurses supported by our four Health Care Assistants using use Ardens and Eclipse to prioritise patients for review as well as providing a full range of services such as INR monitoring, smoking cessation, injections and vaccinations under PSDs. They also run very efficient flu clinics in local villages.
- Access via our PCN to Pharmacy technicians, First Contact Physiotherapy and Social Prescribers
- We have strong links with CCG Appraisal team, Cambridge Medical School, CCG Medicines Optimisation Team, LMC and West Cambs Federation,
- We are a long established and supportive Training Practice with 1 – 3 Registrars. We are training an International GP in the Recruitment Scheme.
- We take medical students to year 5 from Cambridge University.
- St Ives is a very pleasant market town with easy access to Cambridge and Peterborough via the improved road networks.
- We have a wide mixture of patient demographics with low deprivation and low unemployment.
- We share the care of two Residential and Nursing Homes with the other surgeries in St Ives
- Most of the staff have been at the practice for many years with a low turnover and as an employer, we are very supportive of our staff, ensuring we meet their personal and development needs.
- We have a long established and supportive patient group with links to national bodies via our Patient Group Chairman. Our patient group has organised very successful vintage teas for carers including those from other practices in the area.
- We get involved in local innovation and are one of the practices who piloted the very successful Neighbourhood Cares Project – a great blueprint for Social Prescribers. We have piloted Doctorlink, iPlato, and are part of the Research Network
- We use System 1 and we are well-established user of Ardens and Ardens Manager, as well as having GP TeamNet and Practice Index as tools to support communication and education of our team.
For more information or to apply, please contact Debra Wheatley, Managing Partner at email@example.com or 01480 484720 or arrange speak to one of our clinical partners. Dr Sean Culloty or Dr Janie Anderson.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org